- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Helen M. Brooks 94, Woodstream retiree
Helen Marie (Peters) Brooks, 94, formerly of Willow Street and currently of Brethren Village, passed away Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Helen was born Oct. 2, 1918 in Lancaster, to the late Henry and Anna Peters. Helen was preceded in death by her husband, Murll R. Brooks Sr.
Helen had retired from Woodstream in 1983. In her free time, she enjoyed spending time with her family as well as playing bingo and trips to Potter County.
She is survived by her son: Murll R. Brooks Jr., Fountain Hills, Ariz.; daughters: Shirley Fulton, New Providence, and Linda Brooks, Lititz, as well as six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husband, Helen was preceded in death by her brother: Herman Peters; sister: Thelma Bleich; and stepbrother: Howard Coyle.
The family would like to thank Brethren Village for the past fourteen years of caring for Helen.
Services were held Dec. 14 at Gundel Funeral Home, Lancaster, with interment immediately following at Willow Street Mennonite Church Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To place an online condolence, visit: gundelfuneralhome.com.
The Gundel Funeral Home, Lancaster, is assisting the family with arrangements.