- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Helen F. Sponaugle96, American Heart Association employee
Helen F. Sponaugle, 96, a resident of Luther Acres in Lititz, formerly of Lebanon, died Monday, Jan. 30, 2012.
She was the widow of Coda W. Sponaugle, who passed away in 1991.
Born in Lebanon July 27, 1915, Helen was the daughter of the Late Phoan B. Felty and May Bachman Felty.
She retired in 1977 as a staff member of the American Heart Association, having served Lebanon County for 17 years. Helen was a graduate of Lebanon High School class of 1933, volunteering as the reunion secretary for 19 years. She was a 47-year member of the Lebanon Woman’s Club and a member of the Good Samaritan Hospital Auxiliary. Helen was a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Lebanon for 79 years, having taught Sunday school for several years. She enjoyed reading and playing bridge.
She is survived by a daughter: Gale S. Kendall, wife of William Kendall, Lititz, as well as several nieces and nephews. She was the last of her immediate family. Sisters and brothers preceding her in death were Doris Achenbach, Mary Jane Hassler, Richard Felty and Homer B. Felty.
A memorial service was held on Feb. 3 in the chapel at Luther Acres, Lititz, with Rev. E. Walter Cleckley Jr., chaplain at Luther Acres, and Rev. Dr. Roger Roger A. Bucy, pastor of visitation for Salem Lutheran Church, Lebanon, officiating. Interment took place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Salem Lutheran Church, 119 N. Eighth St., Lebanon, PA 17046, Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543 or Compassionate Care Hospice, 1513 Cedar Cliff Drive, Suite 100, Camp Hill, PA 17011.
The Rohland Funeral Home Inc., Lebanon is handling the arrangements. For more information, visit rohlandfh.com.