- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Helen B. Zahn
75, Lititz resident, St. James member
Helen B. Zahn, 75, of Lititz, formerly of Queens, N.Y., died Thursday, April 25, 2013 at Hospice and Community Care in Mt. Joy surrounded by her family.
Born in Queens, she was the wife of the late John P. Zahn who died in 1986 and Richard Gamber who died in 2008. She was the daughter of the late Anthony and Jennie Cirrincioni Cottone.
Helen was a member of St. James Catholic Church, enjoyed going to the casinos and loved playing the slot machines. She also enjoyed word and jigsaw puzzles, going out to dinner, and just being with people. At one time, she worked at Lancashire Hall as a nurse’s aide, Turkey Hill and McDonald’s.
She is survived by four children: Theresa M., wife of Dennis L. Cross; John J., husband of Marlene Zahn; Anthony R. Zahn and Joseph G. Zahn; a step daughter: Tammy, wife of Douglas Metz; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren; a step mother-in-law: Gladys Mellinger; two brothers: Stephen and Gerald Cottone; and two sisters: Norma Mack and Gloria Stafano.
She was preceded in death by two sons: Daniel M. and Gary P. Zahn; two grandchildren: Jennifer and Crystal Cross; nine siblings: Angelo, Mary, Eugene, Anthony, Richard Cottone, Gilda Stock, Iris Donifrio, Lillian Wolowski and Gloria Catalano.
Relatives and friends attended Helen’s life celebration funeral service at Spacht Funeral Home April 29. The Rev. James O’Blaney, C.Ss.R, was celebrant. Interment was at Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Dr., Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.