- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Harry W. QuickWWII veteran, served under Patton
Harry W. Quick, born September 9, 1920, in Philadelphia, went to be with his Lord Thursday, March 22, 2012, in Lititz.
He served under General George S. Patton during World War II and was a long-time employee of PNC Bank. Harry always greeted friends with a hearty "hello." He loved to put on a show, singing his favorite show tunes or hymns. His final song was "Sunrise Tomorrow."
This adorable old man leaves behind his wife of 69 years and his gem, Donna Jean; sons: Peter David, husband of Sharon; Michael, husband of Doreen; and Jonathan, husband of Alice; and six grandchildren.
A memorial service was held April 4 in the Brethren Village Chapel in Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Brethren Village Good Samaritan fund.
Arrangements were made by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania Inc.