- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Harry Q. Hess74, Armstrong supervisor, Harry Q. Hess, 74, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, May 20, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital with his daughter and son-in-law by his side.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Ethel A. and Harry C. Hess. Harry was the loving husband of Catherine (Fulginiti) Hess, with whom he celebrated 47 years of marriage.
Harry retired from Armstrong after 38 years of service as a supervisor. He enjoyed yard work, gardening, fishing and spending time with his good buddy, Rocky.
In addition to his wife, Harry is survived by four children: John J. Dickel, of Lititz; Harry Q. Hess Jr., of Lititz; Debra J. Berube, of Meriden, Conn.; and Elizabeth A. Barr, also of Lititz; and a brother: Robert Hess, of Manheim. Harry was the proud grandfather of his two grandchildren: Tommy and Kendra.
Services will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions can be made in Harry’s memory to the Arthritis Foundation, Central Pennsylvania Chapter-SE Branch, 204 Butler Ave., Suite 102, Lancaster, PA 17601 or the American Heart Association, Lancaster Chapter, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.