- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Harry F. Prentice 92, WWII vet, Armstrong employee
Harry F. Prentice, 92, passed away Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012 at Country Meadows in Lancaster.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Henry F. and Mabel B. Andrews Prentice. He was the husband of Jean E. Schuler Prentice, with whom he shared 49 years of marriage this past July 27.
A U.S. Army Air Corps veteran of World War II, Harry served as a commissioned Flight Officer, training pilots on twin engine planes. Harry had worked for Armstrong World Industries for 40 years, serving as design engineer supervisor until his retirement in 1982. A 32-degree Mason and a member of the Reading Consistory, he was a 60-year member of Masonic Lodge 43 of Lancaster.
He was preceded in death by sister: Gladys Wallick.
A memorial service was held on Aug. 10 at Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, followed by interment in Conestoga Memorial Park with military honors.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Harry’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.