- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Harriet Rose Lawson 75, nurse, business owner
Harriet Rose Lawson, of Lititz, passed away at the age of 75 in Sarasota, Fla. Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013.
Born on Dec. 18, 1937 in Shamokin, Harriet was the daughter of Leanore and Harry Snyder. She met her husband Joe, a patient, while she was in nurses training at Lancaster General Hospital. She also managed a custom frame shop in Pittsburgh, where she worked for 18 years. She enjoyed a crossword puzzles every day and an occasional cross stitch.
Harriet loved her Florida life and the many friendships she formed throughout the years. Her favorite pastime was spending time with her family and dear friends. She was truly a social butterfly.
She is survived by her loving and devoted husband of 55 years, Joseph Lawson; son: Craig Lawson; daughter-in-law: Debbie Lawson; grandsons: Justin Lawson and Joel Lawson; granddaughter-in-law: Jennifer Lawson; and sister: Doris Warmkessel of Lititz.
A celebration of life was held for her friends and family.