- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Harriet R. Rodger87, Girl Scout leader, Moravian guide, Meals on Wheels volunteer
Harriet R. Rodger, 87, a long-time resident of Lititz, passed away Monday, Jan. 9, 2012 at Luther Acres Manor.
Born in Aliquippa, she was the daughter of the late Samuel H. and Harriet Cunningham Fouse. She was married to Roy E. Rodger for 64 years on Sept. 24.
Harriet was a member of the Lititz Moravian Church, where she was a guide. She was a former Brownie and Girl Scout leader in Lititz, a volunteer cook for Meals on Wheels, and she enjoyed cross-stitching and traveling; but most importantly, she was devoted to her grandchildren.
Surviving in addition to her husband are a son: Fred, husband of Gina Martin-Rodger, of Strasburg; a daughter: Mary Lou Berkey, of Lititz; five grandchildren; and four great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson: Nicholas Berkey; and eight brothers and sisters.
Private services and interment will be at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to Edward Jones Investments, 100 Highlands Drive, Suite 202, Lititz, PA 17543. Place in the memo line: FBO Nick Berkey Scholarship, with check made out to Edward Jones Investments.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Harriet, visit lifecelebration.com.