- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Harold M. Lefever84, Kerr Glass superintendent, WWII vet
Harold M. Lefever, 84, of Lititz, died Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011 at Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Phares M. and Helen Wissler Lefever. He is survived by his wife, Nancy Pickell Lefever, with whom he celebrated 62 years of marriage.
Harold worked for Kerr Glass as a plant superintendent in the Metal Cap Division for 42 years and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was a member of Grace United Church of Christ and Elks BPOE. Harold enjoyed long-distance running and completed four marathons in his 60s. He also coached Little League baseball and served as a Cub Scoutmaster.
In addition to his wife, Harold is survived by his sons: Jeffrey D., husband of Nancy (McAuley) Lefever, of Lititz; Harold M., husband of Heather (Logan) Lefever Jr., of Lancaster; Gregory S., husband of Carol (Pozda) Lefever, of Lancaster; a daughter: Kay Marie Lefever, of Batavia, Ill.; three grandchildren: Meredith, Lauren and Connor; four stepsisters: Gladys Jeffries, Mary Rineer, Betty Hess and Barbara Aukamp; and a stepbrother: Frank Leed.
He was preceded in death by two foster brothers: Fred McDonald and Charles Fahnestock; and three stepbrothers: David, Jim and John Leed.
Harold’s memorial service was held at The Groffs Family Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Lancaster on Nov. 25, with Pastor Rachel Hackenberg officiating. Private family interment took place in Quarryville Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Harold’s name to Grace United Church of Christ, 1947 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601 or to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.