- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Harold E. HeagyManheim native, Navy veteran
Harry E. Heagy died peacefully at his Sun City Hilton Head home in Bluffton, S.C., Thursday, Aug. 25, 2011.
Born in Manheim on July 22, 1940 to the late Clair and Hazel Ebersole Heagy, he is survived by his wife, Eileen, of 38 years, and by a brother, Jack.
He served four years in the U.S. Navy as a radar man before graduating from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla., with a degree in education. He taught elementary school in Frederick, Md., before moving to the New York/New Jersey area, where he lived for over 40 years.
He worked nine years for the Xerox Corporation and completed his career with Exxon Mobil as their medical training director in 1996.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either St. Jude Children’s Hospital or the ASPCA. A memorial mass will be celebrated at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church, Estates Blvd., Mercerville, N.J., on Dec. 9 at 1 p.m.