- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Harold E. HeagyManheim native, Navy veteran
Harry E. Heagy died peacefully at his Sun City Hilton Head home in Bluffton, S.C., Thursday, Aug. 25, 2011.
Born in Manheim on July 22, 1940 to the late Clair and Hazel Ebersole Heagy, he is survived by his wife, Eileen, of 38 years, and by a brother, Jack.
He served four years in the U.S. Navy as a radar man before graduating from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla., with a degree in education. He taught elementary school in Frederick, Md., before moving to the New York/New Jersey area, where he lived for over 40 years.
He worked nine years for the Xerox Corporation and completed his career with Exxon Mobil as their medical training director in 1996.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either St. Jude Children’s Hospital or the ASPCA. A memorial mass will be celebrated at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church, Estates Blvd., Mercerville, N.J., on Dec. 9 at 1 p.m.