- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
Harold E. HeagyManheim native, Navy veteran
Harry E. Heagy died peacefully at his Sun City Hilton Head home in Bluffton, S.C., Thursday, Aug. 25, 2011.
Born in Manheim on July 22, 1940 to the late Clair and Hazel Ebersole Heagy, he is survived by his wife, Eileen, of 38 years, and by a brother, Jack.
He served four years in the U.S. Navy as a radar man before graduating from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla., with a degree in education. He taught elementary school in Frederick, Md., before moving to the New York/New Jersey area, where he lived for over 40 years.
He worked nine years for the Xerox Corporation and completed his career with Exxon Mobil as their medical training director in 1996.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to either St. Jude Children’s Hospital or the ASPCA. A memorial mass will be celebrated at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church, Estates Blvd., Mercerville, N.J., on Dec. 9 at 1 p.m.