- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
H. Louise Nichols, 91, teacher, library volunteer, church organist, enjoyed travel
H. Louise Nichols, 91, formerly of Leola, a 14-year resident of Luther Acres, died at the home Monday, April 21, 2014.
She was the wife of the late Robert A. Nichols who died in 1995. Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late B. Frank and Ruth Zimmerman Herr.
Louise had taught at the Leola Elementary School for 20 years. She was a graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School and Millersville University.
She was a member of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Leola. She was a member of the National Education Association, the PA State Education Association, and the Conestoga Valley Education Association. Her interests included camping, traveling, music and volunteering for many years at the Leola Library and at Luther Acres. Music was a big part of her life and she was the organist at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in New Holland for 10 years.
Surviving are three sons: Ted R. husband of Carol Hirchert Nichols of Leola, Donald L. Nichols husband of Aida Sibrian of Ephrata, and Kenneth J. Nichols spouse of Patrick McHugh of New York, N.Y.; three grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and a brother: Donald Herr of Lancaster.
She was preceded in death by brothers: James and Robert Herr; and by a stepbrother: Frank Herr.
Services were held April 25 at the Chapel at Luther Acres, with the Rev. Newell Embley III officiating. Interment was private and held at the convenience of the family in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be made to Zion Lutheran Church, 18 Quarry Road, Leola, PA 17540.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit KASnyderfuneralhome.com. Arrangements by Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster.