- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
H. ‘Bill’ William Mitchell WWII vet, Scoutmaster, engineer
H. William “Bill” Mitchell passed away Monday, Nov. 18.
He was born Nov. 6, 1923 in Williamsport. He was the son of Joseph C. and Margaret E. Mitchell, and brother to Joseph C. Mitchell, Jr. who preceded him in death. He has since been a long-time resident of Lancaster County.
Bill received the Eagle Scout award and later served as a Scout master. He went on to serve in the Navy, was a World War II veteran and a recipient of the Purple Heart.
Class of ‘49 University of Pennsylvania graduate, Bill was a licensed professional engineer. He belonged to the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers.
In 1950, Bill married Lena Risser, who preceded him in death. He is survived by their two daughters: Barbara (Hammond) and Susan (Duehr) and granddaughter: Elizabeth (Hammond).
Bill was a long-time active member of the Lititz Moravian congregation and participated in many groups and committees. Additionally, he served with the Penn-Mar Mission Society and the Lancaster County Council of Churches.
A memorial service will be held Monday, Dec. 23, 2013 at 11 a.m. at Lititz Moravian Church.
In lieu of flowers and in honor of Bill and Lee’s interests, donations can be made to Lititz Moravian Church’s Book of Remembrance fund, the Moravian Manor Foundation, or the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania, Inc.