- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Gustav E. Lachman96, Lockheed Martin engineer, handyman
Gustav E. Lachman, 96, of Manheim, died peacefully Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011 at Conestoga View Nursing and Rehabilitation, Lancaster.
Born in Coatesville, he was the son of the late James Calvin Sr. and Laura M. Rhoads Lachman.
Gustav worked as a mechanical engineer in the aircraft industry for Lockheed Martin Corporation. He also worked for Pringle Electrical Manufacturing Company in Fort Washington. Gustav enjoyed the out of doors and spending time in nature; he loved walks in the woods and bird watching. Following retirement he was a part-time handyman; he could fix all types of things for friends and neighbors.
Surviving are five daughters: Alice Lachman, of Naugatuck, Conn.; Daryl Lachman, of Aberdeen, N.C.; Diane Tedone, of Fort Myers, Fla.; Theresa Kolenda, of Levittown; Susan Lachman, of Fort Myers, Fla.; three sons: Stephen, husband of Laura Lachman, of Manheim; James, husband of Sabine Lachman, of Levittown; Charles Lachman, of Harleysville; 18 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one great-great- granddaughter.
Preceding him in death is a son: Gustav E. Lachman Jr.; five brothers: Carl, Ion, James Calvin Jr., John and Philip Lachman; and a sister: Ruth Lloyd.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his memorial service from the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim, on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11 a.m. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Those desiring may send contributions in Gustav’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.