- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Gregory L. Young
66, Alcoa employee, active
Gregory L. Young, 66, of Elizabethtown and formerly of Manheim passed away peacefully Sunday, April 28, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of June Showers Young of Manheim and the late Chester R. Young. Greg worked 35 years at Alcoa, Lancaster as a cold mill operator. He was the companion of Dawn McQue of Marietta. Greg was a member of the Manheim VFW, Post 5956, Germania Band Club, Manheim, American Legion and Elstonville Sportsmen Association, Manheim. His interests included riding motorcycles and block shooting. He loved to spend time with his family, especially his grandchildren.
Surviving in addition to his mother and companion are two daughters: Tina, wife of Paul Rampulla Jr. of Elizabethtown; and Pamela Henry of Lititz; and three grandchildren: Christopher, Samantha and Cameron.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his funeral service at the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim on May 2, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. Interment in Ruhl’s United Methodist Cemetery, Rapho Township. There will be a public viewing at the funeral home on Wednesday evening from 6-8 p.m. and again at the funeral home Thursday morning from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Greg’s memory to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.