- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Grace H. Graybill85, Fireside Crafts owner, taught writing
Grace Herr Graybill, 85, of Lititz, died at Fairmount Homes Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012.
She was born in Millersville, the oldest daughter of Frank M. and Mary Harnish Herr. She was the wife of Paul Keener Graybill. They were married 65 years.
During her life she owned Fireside Crafts, where she taught painting classes to many people. Grace joined Lancaster County Life Story Writers and taught writing classes in various locations in Lancaster County until her illness.
She was active in Hess Mennonite Church, now called Crossroads Community Fellowship. During the ’60’s she taught a girls Sunday school class at Herr Street Mennonite Church in Harrisburg and continued to relate to the girls throughout her life.
Surviving, in addition to her husband, Paul, are her children: Jean, wife of Mark Martin, of Sarasota, Fla.; Dayvid, wife of Gwen Penner, of Denver, Colo.; Marianne Ferguson, wife of Kenneth Bletz, of Wellsboro; James, husband of Beverly Graybill, of Elizabethtown; 10 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; four brothers: Donald Herr, Harold Herr, Robert Herr and Jay Miller; and four sisters: Mary Catherine Wenger, Martha Myer, Pat Eby and Miriam.
Grace was preceded in death by a sister: Lois Lowe.
A celebration of life service will be held on Feb. 2 at 2 p.m. at Crossroads Community Fellowship, 1616 E. Newport Road, Lititz. A celebration of life service will then be held at Crossroads at 2 p.m. with interment service following in the Hess Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Grace’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 and Fairmount Home Caring Fund, 333 Wheatridge Drive, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.