- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Grace E. Fissel 83, kindergarten teacher, Sunday school teacher
Grace E. Fissel, 83, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Paul D. and Gertrude Ebersole Zimmerman, and was the wife of the late John H. Fissel.
A lifelong member of Grace Lutheran Church, Lancaster, she was active in the children’s ministry as a Sunday school teacher and served as a council member.
She volunteered as a docent at Wheatland and enjoyed knitting, sewing, reading and working with children to make crafts.
A McCaskey High School and Millersville University graduate, she taught kindergarten for 30 years, spending much of her career at West Willow Elementary School.
She is survived by a sister: Marianne, wife of Arthur Bracken, Lancaster; a brother: Charles Zimmerman, husband of Nancy, Lakeland, Fla.; four nieces; and several grandnieces and grandnephews.
A memorial service will be held on Thursday, Feb. 21 at 11 a.m. at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 N. Queen St. The family will receive friends after the service. Burial will be private at the convenience of the family.
Contributions in memory of Grace may be made to Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA, 17110.
Online condolences to the family can be made at richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.