- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Grace E. Fissel 83, kindergarten teacher, Sunday school teacher
Grace E. Fissel, 83, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Paul D. and Gertrude Ebersole Zimmerman, and was the wife of the late John H. Fissel.
A lifelong member of Grace Lutheran Church, Lancaster, she was active in the children’s ministry as a Sunday school teacher and served as a council member.
She volunteered as a docent at Wheatland and enjoyed knitting, sewing, reading and working with children to make crafts.
A McCaskey High School and Millersville University graduate, she taught kindergarten for 30 years, spending much of her career at West Willow Elementary School.
She is survived by a sister: Marianne, wife of Arthur Bracken, Lancaster; a brother: Charles Zimmerman, husband of Nancy, Lakeland, Fla.; four nieces; and several grandnieces and grandnephews.
A memorial service will be held on Thursday, Feb. 21 at 11 a.m. at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 N. Queen St. The family will receive friends after the service. Burial will be private at the convenience of the family.
Contributions in memory of Grace may be made to Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA, 17110.
Online condolences to the family can be made at richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.