- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Grace B. Hackman 99, Manheim, Fenner Drives employee
Grace B. Hackman, 99, a loving mother and grandmother, formerly of N. Pitt St., Manheim passed away Friday, Dec. 21, 2012 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Peter and Ida Brandt Singer. She was the wife of the late Franklin P. Hackman who died in 1960.
Retired in 1985, Grace worked for over fifteen years at Fenner Drives, Manheim. She was a member of Salem United Methodist Church, Manheim where she taught Sunday school and was involved with the visitation committee. Grace was also a member of Stiegel Roses Senior Citizen Group, Manheim, Mount Joy Leisure Club and Manheim Historical Society. She volunteered at Nearly Nu Thrift Shop, Manheim.
Surviving is a son: Terry L. husband of Susan J. Hershey Hackman of Manheim; two granddaughters: Beth M. and Emily M. Hackman; and a sister: Mary Young of Lititz.
She was preceded in death by two sisters: Mabel Peiffer and Esther Northeimer.
A funeral service was held Dec. 26 at Brethren Village Chapel with Pastor Dana E. Statler officiating. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family in Manheim Fairview Cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Grace’s memory to the Brethren Village Good Samaritan Fund, 3001 Lititz Pike, P.O. Box 5093, Lancaster, PA 17606.
To send the family on-line condolences, please visit: BuchFuneral.com.
Arrangements by Buch Funeral Home, Inc., Manheim.