- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Gloria Foote 70, Lititz native, Zinn’s Diner waitress
Gloria Dittrick Foote, 70, of Denver, passed away Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 at Manor Care Nursing Home, Lancaster.
She was born in Lititz to the late Alvin and Stella (Ludwig) Ulrich.
Gloria worked as a waitress at Zinn’s Diner and later Deluxe Restaurant in Shillington. She loved her family, enjoyed shopping, traveling and liked meeting new customers at her job.
Gloria is survived by two sons: Clayton Andrew, husband of Donna (Garman) Dittrick, of Akron; and Harry E., husband of Nicole Dittrick, of Newport News, Va.; a daughter: Holly A. Stanley, of Hampton, Va.; a brother: Nelson, husband of Virginia Ulrich, of Denver; two sisters: E. Fay Daub, of Denver; and Jeanette, wife of Harold Bauman, of Stevens; eight grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by an infant brother and sister: Russell and Betty Ulrich; and a sister: Hazel Rogers.
A memorial service will be held Nov. 10 at 11 a.m. at the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church, N. Seventh St., Akron, with Pastor Leslie Cool officiating. Those desiring may attend the interment service at 2 p.m. at the Mellingers Union Cemetery, Schoeneck.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Gloria’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, formerly Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604, or Ephrata Cancer Center, 460 N. Reading Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.