- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Gloria E. Peiffer
81, former substitute teacher, member of Christ Lutheran Church
Gloria E. Peiffer, 81, of W. Lemon Street, Lititz, formerly of Bucks County, passed away Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013 at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, she was the widow of Paul R. Peiffer who passed away on Sept. 15, 2009. She was the daughter of the late Clyde O. and Hazel S. Snyder Benner.
Gloria graduated from Bloomsburg University with a bachelor’s degree in education and worked as a substitute teacher for various school districts in Bucks County. She was a member of the Christ Lutheran Church, Springtown.
She is survived by her son: Scott D., husband of Lisa Peiffer, Milford, N.J. and two granddaughters: Stephanie and Kyllie Peiffer.
Relatives and friends attended Gloria’s life celebration memorial service from Steinman Hall at Moravian Manor, Lititz, on Dec. 30. with The Rev. Richard Thierolf officiating. Private interment at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to the American Diabetes Association, 3544 Progress Avenue, Suite 101, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
To share a fond memory of Gloria, visit lifecelebration.com.