- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Gloria A. Hassara 79, NTN-BSA retiree, Watt & Shand model
Gloria A. Hassara, 79, of Lancaster, died Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care of Lancaster.
She was born in Lancaster and was the daughter of the late H. Edgar Eidemiller and Mary (Gochenaur) Eidemiller of Refton.
Gloria worked primarily in manufacturing her entire life and retired from NTN-BSA in Lititz in 2000. In her early years, she developed a love for jewelry while working in the jewelry department at the former Watt & Shand, where she also modeled clothes and jewelry, both in the store and on TV at WGAL’s first station on South Queen Street. In recent years, Gloria enjoyed spending time with her family. She looked forward to weekly Sunday breakfast and car rides with her son, Chris. Her grandchildren were very special to her, and she loved visiting with them and hearing about their lives.
Surviving are three sons: Andrew M., husband of Julie (Gehr) Hassara, of Lancaster; Michael, husband of Teresa (Weiss) Hassara, of Carlisle, Mass.; and Christopher Hassara, of Elizabethtown; seven grandchildren: Joshua, of Brooklyn, N.Y.; Eric and Danielle, of Lancaster; Benjamin, of Denver, Colo.; and Alexandra, Caroline and Hannah, of Carlisle, Mass.; a brother: W. Kenneth, husband of Mary Eidemiller, of Refton; two sisters: Dorothy Evans, of Mount Joy; and Betty Jane McCrabb, of Elizabethtown; and her lifelong friend from Refton: Nancy Doyle.
A viewing was held on Aug. 27 at the Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster. An interment was held on Aug. 29 at Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in her memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To leave an online condolence for the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.