- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Glenn H. Shelly 46, Lititz Mutual VP, Manheim Central class of ’84
Glenn H. Shelly, 46, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, March 14, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of Josephine Achey Shelly of Manheim and the late Richard E. Shelly. He graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1984, and F&M College in 1988 with a BA in accounting, earning his CPA designation in 1991.
Glenn joined Lititz Mutual Insurance Company in 1993. He served the company as vice president of finance, treasurer and chief financial officer. Glenn’s professional affiliations included memberships in the Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (past chair finance committee), National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (accounting & investment committee), Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and Missouri Property Insurance Placement Facility (governance committee and past chair).
He was an avid golfer and sports fan, and enjoyed watching college basketball.
Surviving in addition to his mother are two brothers: Dr. Eric N. Shelly, husband of Dr. Margaret Lee of West Chester; and Alan R. Shelly of Manheim; two nephews: Christopher and Rowan Shelly; and a niece: Rosalie Shelly.
Relatives and friends attended his funeral service at Ruhl’s United Methodist Church on March 19. A public viewing was held at the church prior to the service. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Glenn’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.