- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Glenn B. Trimble 86, WWII veteran, enjoyed gardening, hunting
Glenn B. Trimble, 86, formerly of East Petersburg, passed away peacefully Friday, September 28, 2012 at the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center in Lititz.
Born in Drumore, he was the husband of the late A. Louise Trimble, who passed away on March 30, 2011, and the daughter of the late Benjamin Franklin and Suie (Eshelman) Trimble.
Glenn was an avid gardener who loved to fish, and hunt. He loved the outdoors and especially enjoyed spending time at his cabin in Huntingdon County. He adored his family and especially loved his grandchildren and great-grandson. He was an Army veteran of World War II, serving in the European theater.
Glenn is survived by a son: John, husband of Carol (Powers) Trimble, of Delaware, Ohio; two daughters and sons-in-law: Bonita , wife of Gary Springman, of Covington, Texas; and Karen, wife of Ron Hummel, of Lititz; five grandchildren: Ben, husband of Abbey Trimble; Luke, husband of Alison Trimble; Christina Springman; and Becky and Abby Hummel; and his great-grandson: Henry Trimble.
He was preceded in death by seven brothers and four sisters, of which he was the youngest.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Oct. 4 at Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA with Rev. Mark J. Thiboldeaux Sr. officiating. The family will receive friends from 9:30 to 11 a.m. the day of the service at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to EARS, 29 Cloister Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
To place a condolence online, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.