- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Glen D. Heister71, Air Force veteran, Lititz resident
Glen D. Heister
Glen D. Heister, 71, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at the Lebanon Veteran Affairs Medical Center.
He was born in Spring Township to the late Walter Hiester and Alice "Peg" (Coldren) Beck.
Glen attended Ephrata High School and worked as a delivery truck driver for Signature Cabinetry. He served in the U.S. Air Force. He was a very giving and generous person. He enjoyed entertaining and cooking for his family and friends.
He is survived by three brothers: Charles, of Landisville; Donald; and Carl, both of Ephrata; two sisters: Doris Martin, of Berwick; and Lucy Becker, of Reamstown. He will also be missed by numerous nieces and nephews, especially Traci Dohner, with whom he resided.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Harry, Paul, Harold and Gerald.
Funeral services were held July 16 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home with Pastor Rodger Hornberger officiating.
Memorial contributions in Glen’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be sent to the family at roseborostradling.com.