- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Gladys V. Kennel88, receptionist, Landis Homes resident
Gladys V. Kennel, 88, of Landis Homes, passed away Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Elam D. Kennel, who passed away on April 20, 1979. She was born in Lancaster, daughter of the late George E. and Leah W. Martin Lehman.
Gladys enjoyed singing hymns, traveling and helping others. She had been an active volunteer for the Association for the Blind and the Water Street Rescue Mission. Gladys was a life-long active member of the Mennonite church, gathering for sewing circles and various church choirs. In the past, she worked as a switchboard operator and receptionist at Brandywine Hospital.
She is survived by three children: Harold L., husband of Joanne Kennel, of Lancaster; Ruth L., wife of Lawrence Tatum, of Riverton, N.J.; and Mary Ellen Kennel, of Astoria, N.Y.; six grandchildren; and one sibling: Loretta Jane, wife of Raymond K. Stoltzfus, of Parkesburg.
Funeral services took place at the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Atglen, on Sept. 13. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by the Shivery Funeral Home. For more information, visit shiveryfuneralhome.com.