- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Gladys V. Kennel88, receptionist, Landis Homes resident
Gladys V. Kennel, 88, of Landis Homes, passed away Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Elam D. Kennel, who passed away on April 20, 1979. She was born in Lancaster, daughter of the late George E. and Leah W. Martin Lehman.
Gladys enjoyed singing hymns, traveling and helping others. She had been an active volunteer for the Association for the Blind and the Water Street Rescue Mission. Gladys was a life-long active member of the Mennonite church, gathering for sewing circles and various church choirs. In the past, she worked as a switchboard operator and receptionist at Brandywine Hospital.
She is survived by three children: Harold L., husband of Joanne Kennel, of Lancaster; Ruth L., wife of Lawrence Tatum, of Riverton, N.J.; and Mary Ellen Kennel, of Astoria, N.Y.; six grandchildren; and one sibling: Loretta Jane, wife of Raymond K. Stoltzfus, of Parkesburg.
Funeral services took place at the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Atglen, on Sept. 13. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by the Shivery Funeral Home. For more information, visit shiveryfuneralhome.com.