- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Gladys V. Kennel88, receptionist, Landis Homes resident
Gladys V. Kennel, 88, of Landis Homes, passed away Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Elam D. Kennel, who passed away on April 20, 1979. She was born in Lancaster, daughter of the late George E. and Leah W. Martin Lehman.
Gladys enjoyed singing hymns, traveling and helping others. She had been an active volunteer for the Association for the Blind and the Water Street Rescue Mission. Gladys was a life-long active member of the Mennonite church, gathering for sewing circles and various church choirs. In the past, she worked as a switchboard operator and receptionist at Brandywine Hospital.
She is survived by three children: Harold L., husband of Joanne Kennel, of Lancaster; Ruth L., wife of Lawrence Tatum, of Riverton, N.J.; and Mary Ellen Kennel, of Astoria, N.Y.; six grandchildren; and one sibling: Loretta Jane, wife of Raymond K. Stoltzfus, of Parkesburg.
Funeral services took place at the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, Atglen, on Sept. 13. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by the Shivery Funeral Home. For more information, visit shiveryfuneralhome.com.