- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Gladys V. Grube84, Worley & Obetz secretary, Flyers fan
Gladys V. (Wolf) Grube, 84, of Lititz, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at Moravian Manor, Lititz.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Leroy and B. Arvilla (Shiffer) Wolf and was the wife of the late Robert L. Grube, who passed away in 1998.
Gladys was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Ephrata. She enjoyed sports, especially the Philadelphia Flyers, golf, word puzzles and spending time with her grandchildren. During her working years, Gladys was a secretary for Worley & Obetz Oil Company of Manheim, for over 30 years. She was a graduate of The Ephrata High School Class of 1945 and the Lancaster Business School.
Gladys is survived by two sons: Gary L., husband of Debra (Hirneisen) Grube, of Ephrata; Jeffrey L., husband of Alyssa (Deibler) Grube, of Akron; a daughter: Linda J., wife of Thomas A. Bender, of Akron; six grandchildren: David and Scott Bender, Janelle and Ryan Grube and Hannah and Owen Grube; one great-grandchild: Rilee Bender; and a sister: Helen Bowman, of Ephrata.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a brother: Robert L. Wolf; and sisters: Betty Callihan and her twin sister: Clara Rudy.
The funeral service was held on May 8 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Pastor Walter Carter officiating. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
If desired, Memorial contributions in Gladys ‘s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.