- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Gladys R. Spayd85, RCA employee, formerly of Manheim
Gladys R. Spayd, 85, formerly of Ridgewood Manor, Manheim, is now resting in God’s hands after peacefully passing away at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy, with her daughters by her side Wednesday, April 18, 2012.
Born in East Petersburg, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Mary Schweager Spayd.
Gladys worked her whole life at various jobs, working for 36 years at the former RCA Corporation of Lancaster. She loved reading, watching the birds, flowers and being outdoors. She always looked forward to the annual tradition of making Easter candy, apple dumplings, decorating gingerbread houses and cookie exchange. Gladys had a lifelong passion for her family and enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Surviving are two daughters: Marcene, wife of William Becker, of Manheim; Vickie, wife of John Swanger Jr., of Lancaster; four grandchildren: Cheryl Greiner, William, Douglas and James Becker; seven great- grandchildren; and one great-great grandson.
Preceding her in death are two brothers: Robert and Leroy Spayd; three sisters: Dorothy Hostetter, Esther and Loretta Spayd; as well as a great-great-grandchild. Gladys was loved and will be greatly missed by her family and friends.
Services are private and at the convenience of the family. Gladys will be laid to rest at Riverview Burial Park in Lancaster.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Gladys’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.