- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Gladys R. Helman 83, secretary for Brickerville United Lutheran Church
Gladys R. Helman, 83, of Lititz, passed away at Pleasant View Retirement Community on Jan. 27, 2013.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Olive Spayd. She was married to the late Robert S. Helman for 59 years.
Gladys was a graduate of Lititz High School and a member of the Brickerville United Lutheran Church, where she was the church secretary for 24 years. She enjoyed knitting, sewing and crafts.
She is survived by her son: Michael L. of Cape Coral, Fla.; granddaughter: Meagan Elizabeth Helman, Annapolis, Md.; grandson: Matthew Robert Helman, Philadelphia; sisters: Cleo, wife of Stanley Zell, Lititz; and Shirley Haldeman of Manheim.
Funeral services were held Jan. 31 at the Brickerville United Lutheran Church.
Contributions in memory of Gladys may be made to the Brickerville United Lutheran Church or Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.