- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
Gladys R. Helman 83, secretary for Brickerville United Lutheran Church
Gladys R. Helman, 83, of Lititz, passed away at Pleasant View Retirement Community on Jan. 27, 2013.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Olive Spayd. She was married to the late Robert S. Helman for 59 years.
Gladys was a graduate of Lititz High School and a member of the Brickerville United Lutheran Church, where she was the church secretary for 24 years. She enjoyed knitting, sewing and crafts.
She is survived by her son: Michael L. of Cape Coral, Fla.; granddaughter: Meagan Elizabeth Helman, Annapolis, Md.; grandson: Matthew Robert Helman, Philadelphia; sisters: Cleo, wife of Stanley Zell, Lititz; and Shirley Haldeman of Manheim.
Funeral services were held Jan. 31 at the Brickerville United Lutheran Church.
Contributions in memory of Gladys may be made to the Brickerville United Lutheran Church or Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.