- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Gladys E. Dagen82, Woodstream retiree, St. Luke’s UCC member
Gladys E. Dagen, 82, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Richland, she was the daughter of the late Harry S. and Jennie Diehl Beamesderfer. She was married to the late Clarence L. Dagen Jr., who died in 1994.
Gladys worked in customer service at Woodstream Corporation, Lititz, for 30 years from 1962 to 1992. She was a member of St. Luke’s United Church of Christ in Lititz. She enjoyed bingo, bowling, trips to Potter County and playing cards.
She survived by a daughter: Edna, wife of (Terry) Sides, of Manheim; three sons: Larry, husband of Martiza Dagen, of Penryn; Clarence L. "Sonny," husband of Diane Dagen, of Lititz; Nevin, husband of Kerstin Dagen, of Lititz; eight grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and a brother: Glenn, husband of Rose Mary Beamesderfer, of Lititz.
Gladys’ life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, on June 23 with Rev. Robert Bistline officiating. Interment took place in Richland Cemetery, Lebanon County.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to St. Luke’s UCC, 222 N. Broad St., Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To share fondest memories of Gladys, visit lifecelebration.com.