- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Gina H. Plastino 91, Luther Acres resident, cafe, antique shop owner
Gina Henrietta Plastino, 91, of Luther Acres, Lititz, formerly of Lancaster, passed away Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 after a brief illness.
Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Lillian Julian Plastino and Earl Whiskman. She was raised by her mother and stepfather, Anthony Plastino.
She grew up in Bart Township and graduated from Bart High School. After attending Lancaster Business College, she married the late William T. Plastino. They resided in Quarryville and later settled in Lancaster, owning and operating the Conestoga CafÃ©. She was the owner of the Red Rose Antique Shop in Lancaster for many years.
She is survived by four children: Thomas A., husband of Jane, of Canton, NY; Mary Anne, wife of Ronald Saunders, of Albuquerque, N.M.; William T., husband of Barbara, of Lancaster; and Anthony J. II, husband of Lisa, of Pittsburgh; her sister: Izora Bowermaster, of Mt. Joy; 10 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband she was preceded in death by her brother: Paul C. Plastino.
The mass of Christian burial was held Oct. 8 at St. James Catholic Church, Lititz, with Rev. James O’Blaney, C.Ss.R, as celebrant. Private interment will be in St. Catherine Catholic Cemetery, Quarryville.
Flowers will be received.
To send the family online condolences,visit snyderfuneralhome.com.