- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Gerda Cardos86, WWII nurse, German immigrant
Gerda Cardos, 86, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, July 3, 2011.
She was born in Breslau, Germany in 1925 She was the widow of Tibor T. Cardos, who passed away in Scottsboro, Ala. in 1976.
Gerda served as a nurse during World War II. She met and married her husband in a displaced persons community in Germany after the war. The couple immigrated to the United States in 1948.
Gerda worked as a registered nurse, child care worker and retail sales person at various times during her life.
She is survived by the children: John Cardos, of Lititz; Vivian Schroeder, of Chicago, Ill.; Bruce Cardos, of Hunters Ridge, N.C.; and Stephanie Walsh, of Millsboro, Del. Also surviving are 10 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
There are no formal arrangements at the request of the deceased.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604
Arrangements were made by Spacht Funeral Home in Lititz. To share your fondest memories of Gerda, visit lifecelebration.com.