- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Geraldine M. Priddey
101 1/2 , former nurse, hospital
volunteer, loved to traveler
Geraldine M. Priddey, after 101 1/2 years, took her place in Heaven with her Lord on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013.
She was a resident at Luther Care in Lititz for the past seven years. Gerry was born in Greensburg to the late Lawrence F. and Anna Mary Cope on March 17, 1912. She grew up in the Greensburg and Canton, Ohio areas. She graduated as an RN from Westmoreland Hospital in 1933. She married in 1937 to the late Samuel Priddey, who was the brother of her best friend, Florence Priddey.
Her children are Marjorie deCamara of Manheim and Samuel B. Priddey of Lititz. After raising her children, she returned to nursing at Delaware County Hospital and area nursing homes until in her seventies. Gerry traveled annually to Florida and after 80 she traveled on tours to Europe, the Caribbean and the southwest. She was very active as a Delaware Hospital volunteer and with her church, Collenbrook United, Drexel Hill. She enjoyed her Bridge clubs and groups from her church.
She will be missed by her daughter: Marjorie, wife of Bob deCamara; her son: S. Brian; grandchildren: David deCamara, husband of Andrea, S.C.; Stephanie, wife of Jim Marley, West Chester and Karen, wife of Jeff Esbenshade, Lititz. She especially enjoyed her great-grandchildren: Erin, Kristen, Conor, Maureen, Christopher, Quentin and Amelia. She is preceded in death by her husband; two sisters: Ruth Cope and Emaline Kime and brother: Franklin Cope.
There will be a graveside service at Edgewood Memorial Park, Gulf Mills. There will be a memorial service at Collenbrook United Church, Drexel Hill, at a later date. To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.