- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Geraldine M. Blankenmyer
88, Warner Lambert secretary
Geraldine M. Blankenmyer, 88, of Manor Care in Elizabethtown, passed away Friday, June 21, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital. Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Lloyd and Ida Althouse Uhland, and she lived most of her adult life in Lititz.
She is survived by her children: Jimmy Blankenmyer, Barbara Peiffer and Rodney Blankenmyer; eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her son, Larry Blankenmyer.
Geraldine was a 1942 graduate of J.P. McCaskey High School. She worked as a secretary at Warner Lambert in Lititz (now Johnson & Johnson) until her retirement. She enjoyed needlepoint, ceramics and other crafts.
Geraldine’s life celebration service was held June 28. Interment was in Longenecker’s Brethren Cemetery, Warwick Township. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, Greater PA Chapter, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205 Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638.