- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Geraldine I. Heagy94, Watt & Shand employee
Geraldine I. Heagy
Geraldine I. "Geri" Heagy, 94, formerly of Manheim and Cornwall, passed away Monday, Aug. 22, 2011 at Brethren Village.
Born in Cornwall, she was the daughter of the late Jacob and Edith Nagle Showers. She was the wife of the late John D. Heagy, who died in 1980.
Geri worked at the former Watt & Shand Department Store, Lancaster, for 10 years and at the former Mary Sach’s, Lancaster. She was a member of the Manheim Historical Society and the Lancaster General Hospital Auxiliary, Manheim branch. Geri was one of the first volunteers at the Nearly Nu Thrift Shop, Manheim. She enjoyed sewing and made many clothes. Geri would also teach sewing at the Singer Sewing Machine Company. She was a lifelong collector of antiques, especially antique dolls.
Surviving are three grandchildren: Jacquelynn Jo, wife of Arjan Brandsema, of Lancaster; Winfield Scott, husband of Elizabeth Heagy, of Leesburg, Va.; and Phillip M. Heagy, of Markleton; one step- granddaughter: Elizabeth Ann, wife of Jesse Huyett, of Lititz; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her son: John P. "Jack" Heagy.
Funeral services were held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Aug. 25, with Pastor Jeffrey C. Schell officiating. Interment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Geri’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.