- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Gerald R. McCreary
77, U.S. Army,Lititz VFW
and AMBUCS president
Gerald R. "Jerry" McCreary, 77, of Lititz, passed away April 15, 2013 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Married for 51 years, he is the husband of Janice Bennethum McCreary and was preceded in death by his mother, Esther McCreary.
He graduated in 1953 from Lititz High School and served in the U.S. Army. Jerry worked for 30 years as a printing salesman at Wagaman Printing, Intelligencer Printing, and Acorn Press, where he retired. In retirement, he worked at the Lancaster Courthouse, Manheim Auto Auction and Boyer Motor Company.
Jerry was a member of Manheim Lodge #587 F&AM, and a 32nd degree Mason. He was a former Lititz AMBUCS president and member of V.F.W. Post #1463 of Lititz. He enjoyed Penn State football, vacationing with his family at Long Beach Island, N.J., and playing trivia and card games.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by sons: Christopher McCreary, Lititz; Col. Gregory McCreary, married to Debbi, Macon, Ga.; daughter: Jennifer Eshleman (Ken), Lititz; granddaughters: Stormy, Kari, and Julia; two great grandsons; an uncle; and several cousins.
A memorial service was held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral home, Lititz April 19. The family requests contributions to be made in Jerry’s memory to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. Condolences may be sent to the family at richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.