- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Gerald R. Keperling67, Summers Trucking driver/dispatcher, Lititz resident
Gerald R. "Jerry" Keperling, 67, of Coral Drive, Lititz, passed away Monday morning, July 9, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy, after a lengthy illness.
Born on Sept. 4, 1944 in Columbia, he was the son of the late Marvin D. and Minerva Frey Keperling.
Jerry was an avid reader, enjoyed driving, his family and his two dogs. He was of the Christian faith. He was a 1962 graduate of Penn Manor High School, Millersville. Jerry was a dispatcher for Norwalk Trucking before becoming Yellow Freight in Lancaster and then worked for Jones Motors in Spring City. He later became the operations manager for Cope’s Corn in Rheems. Jerry’s last job was a driver and dispatcher for Summers Trucking, Ephrata.
Jerry is survived by his companion: Patricia A. Skethway, of Lititz; his daughter: Holly A., wife of James L. Dankers, of Mt. Joy; grandson: Vaughn N. Dankers; and brother: M. Donald., husband of Cindy Keperling, of Lancaster.
Private services will be held at the convenience of his family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial remembrances in Jerry’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
For further information or to submit an online condolence, visit porterfieldscheidfh.com.