- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Gary ‘Cubby’ O. West 69, Vietnam War veteran
Gary "Cubby" O. West, 69, of Lititz, passed away at his home Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013, following a long battle with Philadelphia Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
Born in Crawfordsville, Ind., he was the son of the late John Thomas West and Beatrice Irene (Pittman) West. He was the husband of Katherine A. Ligday, whom he married on Nov. 16, 2007.
A veteran of the Vietnam War, Gary served in the U.S. Air Force. He retired from RR Donnelley with 46 years in the customer service department. He was a member of the Lititz VFW Post 1463, Lititz American Legion Post 56, and the Hubley Club in Lancaster. Gary was also a volunteer for Meals on Wheels and for Hospice and Community Care. He attended St. James Catholic Church. Gary enjoyed playing softball and was an avid golfer.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three children: Jeffrey S. Jeter, husband of Jennifer of Knoxville, Tenn.; Christopher J. West, husband of Melanie of Hampton, Va.; and Lori "LJ" J. West, wife of David Long of Durham, N.C.; six grandchildren: Zachary, Kendria "Chip," Gabrielle, Odessa, Olivia and Reagan; a niece: Kate Cassel; a great-nephew: Ian Cassel; and a brother: Ricky West, husband of Dottie of Clarkston, UT.
Gary was preceded in death by Sandra J. (Reynolds) West; and two brothers: Charles Teddy West and John Michael West.
A celebration of Gary’s life was held at the VFW in Lititz on Jan. 29.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Gary’s memory to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.