- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Galen E. Brubaker
61, worked at Lighthouse Vocational
Services, enjoyed making art
Galen E. Brubaker, 61, of Friendship Community (Shalom House), passed away Sunday, Oct. 6 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late J. Daniel and Helen Kaylor Brubaker.
Galen will be remembered for his amazing sense of humor and unconditional love for people. He worked at Lighthouse Vocational Services. He enjoyed bowling, sports, and his painting and art classes at the Friendship heART Gallery of Lancaster. Galen loved music, especially playing his harmonica.
He is survived by his brothers: Kenton (Shirley) Brubaker, Harrisonburg, Va.; James (Carley) Brubaker, Williamburg, Va.; Nevin (Mary) Brubaker, Landisville; his sisters: Mary Lou Brubaker, Waynesboro, Va; Eleanor (Jay) Peifer, Manheim; Rachel (Donald) Horst, Newton, Kan. and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
A visitation will be held Oct. 12 from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. at the East Petersburg Mennonite Church, 6279 Main St., East Petersburg, followed by a memorial service at 3:15 p.m. Burial will be at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations may be made in Galen’s memory to Friendship Community, 1149 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.