- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Galen E. Brubaker
61, worked at Lighthouse Vocational
Services, enjoyed making art
Galen E. Brubaker, 61, of Friendship Community (Shalom House), passed away Sunday, Oct. 6 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late J. Daniel and Helen Kaylor Brubaker.
Galen will be remembered for his amazing sense of humor and unconditional love for people. He worked at Lighthouse Vocational Services. He enjoyed bowling, sports, and his painting and art classes at the Friendship heART Gallery of Lancaster. Galen loved music, especially playing his harmonica.
He is survived by his brothers: Kenton (Shirley) Brubaker, Harrisonburg, Va.; James (Carley) Brubaker, Williamburg, Va.; Nevin (Mary) Brubaker, Landisville; his sisters: Mary Lou Brubaker, Waynesboro, Va; Eleanor (Jay) Peifer, Manheim; Rachel (Donald) Horst, Newton, Kan. and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
A visitation will be held Oct. 12 from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. at the East Petersburg Mennonite Church, 6279 Main St., East Petersburg, followed by a memorial service at 3:15 p.m. Burial will be at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations may be made in Galen’s memory to Friendship Community, 1149 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.