- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Frank Wilson Swayze IV, 42, Ephrata paramedic
Frank Wilson Swayze IV, 42, of Akron, passed away Monday, June 10, 2013, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was the husband of Joan M. (Good) Swayze, born in Spring Grove to Frank Swayze of Hanover and Darlene, wife of Larry Becker of Spring Grove.
Frank attended the Ephrata Community Church. He was a paramedic in the Ephrata area. He also volunteered at the Ephrata Hospital and New Holland ambulance. He enjoyed spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by his step children: Brad, husband of Denise (Templeton) Willwerth of Smoketown; Mark, husband of Katie (Wright) Willwerth of New Holland; Andy Walker of New Holland; Adam Walker of Lancaster; Jenn, wife of Kevin Porsche of Leola; April, wife of Neil Good of New Holland; 18 grandchildren; a brother: Patrick Swayze of York County; two sisters: Lori, wife of Bob Haverstock of Abbottstown; and April, wife of Jeremy Brady of Spring Grove.
A memorial service will be held June 23 at 2 p.m. at the Ephrata Community Church, 70 Clay School Rd., Ephrata with Pastor Kevin Eshleman officiating.
Memorial contributions in Frank’s memory may be made to Make-a-Wish Foundation of the Susquehanna Valley, 1054 New Holland Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.