- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Francis E. Roberts Sr.83, Hubbard Farms employee, author
Francis E. Roberts Sr., 83, of Lititz, husband of Evelyn S. Roberts, passed away Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 at Lancaster Regional Medical Center on their 62nd wedding anniversary.
Born in Charlestown, N.H., he was the son of the late Harry S. and Jeanette B. (Craig) Roberts.
He worked in the management department for the former Hubbard Farms for over 22 years. He was a member of the International Society of Poets and thoroughly enjoyed writing poetry, composing music and also previously wrote a book. He also enjoyed building things and spending time with his family. He was an active member of St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Francis E., husband of Judy Roberts Jr., of Milton, Fla.; Ruth J., wife of Ron Smith, of Mt. Joy; and Kathleen A. Roberts, companion of Archie Shelley, of Lititz; a brother: Daniel H. Roberts, of Arizona; 10 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; and one great-great grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and siblings.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Dec. 3 at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 301 St. Thomas Road, Lancaster, PA 17601, with Rev. Jonathan E. Currier officiating. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made in Francis’s memory to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.