- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Francis E. Roberts Sr.83, Hubbard Farms employee, author
Francis E. Roberts Sr., 83, of Lititz, husband of Evelyn S. Roberts, passed away Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 at Lancaster Regional Medical Center on their 62nd wedding anniversary.
Born in Charlestown, N.H., he was the son of the late Harry S. and Jeanette B. (Craig) Roberts.
He worked in the management department for the former Hubbard Farms for over 22 years. He was a member of the International Society of Poets and thoroughly enjoyed writing poetry, composing music and also previously wrote a book. He also enjoyed building things and spending time with his family. He was an active member of St. Thomas Episcopal Church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Francis E., husband of Judy Roberts Jr., of Milton, Fla.; Ruth J., wife of Ron Smith, of Mt. Joy; and Kathleen A. Roberts, companion of Archie Shelley, of Lititz; a brother: Daniel H. Roberts, of Arizona; 10 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; and one great-great grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and siblings.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Dec. 3 at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 301 St. Thomas Road, Lancaster, PA 17601, with Rev. Jonathan E. Currier officiating. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made in Francis’s memory to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.