- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Frances W. Ashby 95, Lititz resident, Moyer’s Sewing Factory
Frances W. Ashby, 95, of Lititz, passed away Friday, April 12, 2013.
She was the loving wife of the late James E. Ashby who passed away Feb. 27, 2013. Born in Little Britain Township, she was the daughter of the late Aaron S. and Lacy B. Myers Wimer.
Mrs. Ashby was a member of Grace Lutheran Church of Lancaster and later First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg. In her earlier years, she was employed by garment factories in the Quarryville and Georgetown area. Later she worked for Moyer’s Sewing Factory and Logan’s Dress Shop in alterations and at Park City.
Surviving her are two loving daughters: Debra A., wife of LeRoy H. Welk of Quarryville; Kathy L., wife of John G. Fetter of East Petersburg; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. She is the last of her immediate family.
A memorial service will be held at First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg, 101 South Decatur St., Strasburg, April 17 at 3 p.m. with Rev. Robert K. Bronkema officiating. An informal visitation will be held immediately following the service in fellowship hall. A traditional interment will be held privately at Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Mrs. Ashby’s memory to Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 North Progress Avenue, Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638. Arrangements entrusted to Murray A. Miller at Reynolds Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Quarryville, PA.
To send an online note of condolence, please visit reynoldsfuneralhome.net.