- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Florence I. Hostetter84, Hamilton Watch supervisor, Brunnerville UM volunteer
Florence I. Hostetter, 84, of Lititz, passed away unexpectedly following a brief illness Thursday, July 5, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Irvin and Lizzie Stohler Dull. She was married to the late Franklin E. Hostetter, who died in 2003.
Florence was a devoted wife and mother and enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren. Florence worked for Hamilton Watch Company as a supervisor. She was a member of the Brunnerville United Methodist (UM) Church, where she helped with various committees including the funeral luncheon and financial committees. Florence enjoyed flower gardening, cooking, baking and crocheting.
Surviving are a daughter: Charmaine Renee Eckert, of Lititz; two sons: Franklin Jay, husband of Genie Hostetter, of Lititz; and Kevin L., husband of Sheila M. Hostetter, of Lititz; four grandchildren: Christine, Leslie, Kelsey and Tyler; two great-grandchildren: Roland and Russell; and a sister: Ida Mae, wife of Melvin Doster, of Shaefferstown.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Harold and Warren Dull.
Florence’s life celebration service will be held at Brunnerville UM Church on July 9 with Rev. Steven W. Rodgers officiating. Interment took place in Brunnerville UM Cemetery, Warwick Township. In lieu of flowers, memorial may be sent to American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603-9983 or Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 in Florence’s memory.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Florence, visit lifecelebration.com.