- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Florence G. Oberholtzer
99, active Ruhl’s United
Florence G. Oberholtzer, 99, of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by her family Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at the Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Rapho Township, she was the daughter of the late Francis B. and Eleanora S. (Good) Earhart. She attended Midway School, and married Nathan B. Oberholtzer in 1931.
In addition to her busy life as wife and mother on the family farm, Florence also worked at Evans Restaurant, Roots Country Market, Noggles & Sons Garment and Shirt Factory, and finally Donegal Industries until she retired in 1975. She was an active member of Ruhl’s United Methodist Church, where she helped to prepare meals for banquets for many years. She was also a member of the Manheim Fire Company Ladies Auxiliary, the Manheim Farm Women #2, and the Stiegel Roses Senior Citizens Group. Florence enjoyed singing, traveling, camping, cooking, and square dancing.
Florence is survived by all five of her children: Darlene E. Redcay of Lititz; Nathan E. Oberholtzer of Mountville; Joyce E. Hoffer of Mastersonville; Wilbur E. Oberholtzer of Manheim; and Kenneth E. Oberholtzer of Gilbert. Also surviving are 12 grandchildren, 21 great grandchildren, and eight great-great-grandchildren. Florence is pre-deceased by her husband: Nathan, and sister: Dorothy E. Hunt.
Funeral services will be private and at the convenience of the family. Interment will be in Ruhl’s United Methodist Cemetery, Rapho Township. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that contributions in Florence’s memory be sent to Ruhl’s United Methodist Church Memorial Fund, 4810 Elizabethtown Road, Manheim, PA 17545, or Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mount Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.