- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Florence B. Seidel 98, nurses aid and office worker at the Office of Aging
Florence B. Seidel, 98, of ManorCare, Elizabethtown, formerly of Lititz, passed away Jan. 20, 2013 at her residence. Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Walter L. and Jennie K. Terrey Noll. She was the wife of the late Franklin B. Seidel who died in 1966.
She is survived by her daughter: Jennifer (Harry) Risser, Elizabethtown; eight grandchildren; six great grandchildren and three great-great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter: Jane L. Hummel and a sister, Ethel Kelly.
Florence was a nurse’s aide and an office worker at the Office of The Aging. She was a member of St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, Lititz.
Florence’s Life Celebration service will be held at Spacht Funeral Home, 127 S. Broad St., Lititz on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 11:00 a.m. with the Rev. Dr. James R. Haun officiating. Interment in Charles Evans Cemetery, Reading. Friends may call at Spacht Funeral Home on Thursday from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy East, Lancaster, PA 17602. To share your fondest memories of Florence visit lifecelebration.com.