- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Florence A. Spang, 98, Lititz COB member, enjoyed spending time with her grandkids
Florence A. “Flossie” Spang, 98, of Brethren Village passed away July 11, 2014 at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Christ and Katie Rentschler Arndt, and was married for 53 years to the late Wilson H. Spang, who died in 1993.
Flossie was a member of the Lititz Church of the Brethren, the Rose of Sharon Sunday School Class at the church, and was a longtime volunteer at Brethren Village. Prior to her retirement, she worked at the Beford Shoe Factory in Lititz. She enjoyed traveling with her husband throughout the United States, bowling and playing games and cards. Most of all she treasured her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Flossie is survived by her daughter: Linda S., wife of Daniel P. Kelly of Drexel Hill; her daughters-in-law: Dawn and Linda Spang; five grandchildren; and eleven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her sons: Richard and Lloyd Spang; brothers: James and Christian Arndt; and sister: Lillie King.
Family and friends are invited to attend the Funeral Service for Flossie at the Lititz Church of the Brethren, 300 West Orange St., Lititz on Saturday, July 19 at 1 p.m., preceded by a visitation with the family from noon to 1 p.m. Interment will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery, Palmyra.
Contributions may be made in memory of Flossie to the Brethren Village Good Samaritan Fund, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17606, or to the Lititz Church of the Brethren.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com. Arrangements were handled by Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.