- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Floice V. Taylor, 84, Moravian Manor resident, Red Cross volunteer, enjoyed camping
Floice V. Taylor, 84, formerly of Brownstown and Quarryville, died April 1, 2014 at Moravian Manor.
Born in Monterey, she was the daughter of the late Frederick P. and Mary Ann (Englert) Sweigart. She was the wife of the late Herman T. Taylor, who died in 2004.
Floice worked as an assembler for the former Hubley Toy Company. She volunteered with the American Red Cross. Floice enjoyed camping at Rehoboth Beach.
Floice is survived by a daughter: Vicki Bowman of Smoketown; three sons: Robert married to Chris Bowman of Cape May Courthouse, N.J., Steven married to Libby Bowman of Kirkwood and Fred married to Kathy Bowman of Marietta; a stepdaughter: Linda Brown of Pocomoke City, Md; a stepson: Raymond married to Cindy Hickman of Pocomoke City, Md.; 14 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren; two brothers: Allen Sweigart of Paradise, Kenneth “Bill” married to Pat Sweigart of Lancaster; two sisters: June Mary Kohler of Willow Street and Nancy Sweigart of Smoketown; and a sister-in-law: Lillian Sweigart of Gordonville.
Floice was preceded in death by two brothers: Glenn Richard Sweigart and Eugene Sweigart, Sr.
Services were held April 4 from Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg, with Pastor Mark Thiboldeaux officiating. Interment followed in Bird-In-Hand United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please consider sending a contribution in her memory to the American Diabetes Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 101, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Online condolences may be offered at bachmanfuneral.com. Arrangements entrusted to Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg.