- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
F. Eleanor Martin, 84, Landis Homes resident, Hinkletown Mennonite member
F. Eleanor Martin, 84, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at Landis Homes.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Harvey L. and Sarah (Zinn) Fry and was the wife of Amos L. Martin.
Eleanor was a member of the Hinkletown Mennonite Church. During her working years she worked as a seamstress for the W.W. Moyer Company. She enjoyed gardening, her flowers and crocheting.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son: Earl E., husband of Barbara J. Weaver of Penryn; a daughter: Sheryl, wife of Mel L. Houck of Narvon; two stepsons: Barry Martin of Akron; Robert Martin of Ephrata; four grandchildren; three step grandchildren; two great-grandchildren and two step great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, Earl N. Weaver; five siblings: Helen Kofroth, Mary Good, John Fry, Betty Martin and Lorraine Hornberger.
Her funeral service was held Nov. 26 at the Hinkletown Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Glenn Sauder officiating. Interment took place in the Hinkletown Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Eleanor’s memory may be made to Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.