- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Evelyn R. Kilburn81, Warwick teacher, missionary
Evelyn R. Kilburn, 81, of Brethren Village, went to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Patterson, N.J., she was the daughter of the late Lewis and Emma Molzan Myers. Evelyn was married to the late Raymond S. Kilburn, who died in 2008.
She was a graduate of Pennsylvania State University. She was a substitute teacher in the Warwick School District. Prior to that, she taught at Christ Home for eight years, taught in the Philadelphia School District for 15 years from 1979 to 1995, and she spent eight years as a missionary in Africa from 1955 to 1964. Evelyn was a member of the Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster. She was a dog lover and an avid gardener.
She is survived by a sister-in-law: Elizabeth Myers.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her brother: Walter L. Myers.
Evelyn’s life celebration service was held at Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster, on Feb. 14, with the Rev. Marvin Reich officiating. Interment will take place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, on Feb. 16 at 12:30 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Grace Baptist Church, 1899 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fond memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.