- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Evelyn R. Kilburn81, Warwick teacher, missionary
Evelyn R. Kilburn, 81, of Brethren Village, went to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Patterson, N.J., she was the daughter of the late Lewis and Emma Molzan Myers. Evelyn was married to the late Raymond S. Kilburn, who died in 2008.
She was a graduate of Pennsylvania State University. She was a substitute teacher in the Warwick School District. Prior to that, she taught at Christ Home for eight years, taught in the Philadelphia School District for 15 years from 1979 to 1995, and she spent eight years as a missionary in Africa from 1955 to 1964. Evelyn was a member of the Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster. She was a dog lover and an avid gardener.
She is survived by a sister-in-law: Elizabeth Myers.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her brother: Walter L. Myers.
Evelyn’s life celebration service was held at Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster, on Feb. 14, with the Rev. Marvin Reich officiating. Interment will take place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, on Feb. 16 at 12:30 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Grace Baptist Church, 1899 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fond memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.