- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Evelyn R. Kilburn81, Warwick teacher, missionary
Evelyn R. Kilburn, 81, of Brethren Village, went to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Patterson, N.J., she was the daughter of the late Lewis and Emma Molzan Myers. Evelyn was married to the late Raymond S. Kilburn, who died in 2008.
She was a graduate of Pennsylvania State University. She was a substitute teacher in the Warwick School District. Prior to that, she taught at Christ Home for eight years, taught in the Philadelphia School District for 15 years from 1979 to 1995, and she spent eight years as a missionary in Africa from 1955 to 1964. Evelyn was a member of the Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster. She was a dog lover and an avid gardener.
She is survived by a sister-in-law: Elizabeth Myers.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her brother: Walter L. Myers.
Evelyn’s life celebration service was held at Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster, on Feb. 14, with the Rev. Marvin Reich officiating. Interment will take place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, on Feb. 16 at 12:30 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Grace Baptist Church, 1899 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fond memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.