- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Evelyn R. Kilburn81, Warwick teacher, missionary
Evelyn R. Kilburn, 81, of Brethren Village, went to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Patterson, N.J., she was the daughter of the late Lewis and Emma Molzan Myers. Evelyn was married to the late Raymond S. Kilburn, who died in 2008.
She was a graduate of Pennsylvania State University. She was a substitute teacher in the Warwick School District. Prior to that, she taught at Christ Home for eight years, taught in the Philadelphia School District for 15 years from 1979 to 1995, and she spent eight years as a missionary in Africa from 1955 to 1964. Evelyn was a member of the Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster. She was a dog lover and an avid gardener.
She is survived by a sister-in-law: Elizabeth Myers.
Evelyn was preceded in death by her brother: Walter L. Myers.
Evelyn’s life celebration service was held at Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster, on Feb. 14, with the Rev. Marvin Reich officiating. Interment will take place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, on Feb. 16 at 12:30 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Grace Baptist Church, 1899 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fond memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.