- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Evelyn R. Fisher94, IU 13 secretary, active volunteer
Evelyn Ruth Kern Fisher, 94, of Luther Acres and formerly of East Petersburg, died Wednesday morning, Oct. 19, 2011 at Luther Acres.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Harvey B. and Sara Kling Kern Sr. Her husband, Paul N. Fisher, died in November 1998.
Evelyn was a member of Covenant United Methodist Church. She had worked a number of years at the Lancaster Consumers Ice Co. where she met and later married her husband, Paul. In 1982 she retired from Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit (IU) 13, where she had been a secretary. She was an active member of Prime Time American Business Women in East Petersburg, the Auxiliary to Lancaster General Hospital and was the past secretary and treasurer for the Northeastern Ice Association for 23 years. She loved giving parties, was an avid Phillies fan, enjoyed playing cards, golf and croquet.
Evelyn is the last of her immediate family. In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her brother: Harvey B. Kern Jr.; and sister: Harriet L. Meekins.
Evelyn’s funeral service was held at The Groffs Family Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Lancaster, with the Rev. Larry Leister officiating. Interment took place in Riverview Burial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Evelyn’s name may be made to the Endowment Fund at Covenant United Methodist Church, 110 N. Mulberry St., Lancaster, PA 17603-3507.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.