- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Evelyn Irwin Ritter95, Lititz Class of ’34, Woman’s Club member
Evelyn Irwin Ritter, 95, of Mennonite Homes, formerly of Lititz and Kissel Hill, passed away, Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at her residence.
Born in Ephrata Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Pearl Sweigart Irwin. She was the wife of the late Irvin H. Ritter, who died in 1992. She is the last of her immediate family.
Evelyn was a 1934 graduate of the former Lititz High School and a 1939 graduate of University of Pennsylvania School of Physical Therapy. She worked at Lancaster General Hospital as a physical therapist and earlier in her career at Moses Taylor Hospital, Scranton. Evelyn was a member of St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lititz, and a 50-year member of the Lititz Woman’s Club.
Evelyn’s life celebration memorial service was held at the Chapel at The Mennonite Home, Lancaster, on Dec. 20, with Rev. James R. Gable Jr. and Chaplain Dorcas Martzall officiating. Further gravesides services took place at the Machpelah Cemetery, Lititz.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, 200 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543 or a charity of one’s choice.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.