- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
Evelyn Irwin Ritter95, Lititz Class of ’34, Woman’s Club member
Evelyn Irwin Ritter, 95, of Mennonite Homes, formerly of Lititz and Kissel Hill, passed away, Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at her residence.
Born in Ephrata Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Pearl Sweigart Irwin. She was the wife of the late Irvin H. Ritter, who died in 1992. She is the last of her immediate family.
Evelyn was a 1934 graduate of the former Lititz High School and a 1939 graduate of University of Pennsylvania School of Physical Therapy. She worked at Lancaster General Hospital as a physical therapist and earlier in her career at Moses Taylor Hospital, Scranton. Evelyn was a member of St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lititz, and a 50-year member of the Lititz Woman’s Club.
Evelyn’s life celebration memorial service was held at the Chapel at The Mennonite Home, Lancaster, on Dec. 20, with Rev. James R. Gable Jr. and Chaplain Dorcas Martzall officiating. Further gravesides services took place at the Machpelah Cemetery, Lititz.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, 200 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543 or a charity of one’s choice.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Evelyn, visit lifecelebration.com.