- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Evelyn D. Miller 85, Pleasant View resident, Bankers Trust secretary
Evelyn D. Miller, 85, of Manheim and formerly of Lynbrook, N.Y. passed away Thursday, April 4, 2013 at Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
Born in Queens, N.Y., she was the daughter of the late William and Eva Marie (Paul) Hafner. She was the wife of the late William E. Miller who died in 2006.
A homemaker, Evelyn worked in her earlier years as a secretary at Bankers Trust Company, New York City. She graduated in 1945 from Richmond Hill High School, Queens, N.Y. and she was a member of Christ Episcopal Church, Lynbrook, N.Y. Evelyn will be remembered as a gentle, kind and loving woman who dearly loved her family, her friends at Pleasant View Retirement Community and most of all her five beautiful granddaughters. She enjoyed playing the piano, puzzles and card games with her friends. She will be greatly missed.
Surviving are two daughters: Susan, wife of Matthew Harshbarger of Pittsburgh; and Mary, wife of Michael Goldstein of Lititz; five granddaughters: Pamela; Jenny; Elyssa; Allison; and Amy; and a daughter-in-law: Karen Miller of Lynbrook, N.Y. She was preceded in death by a son: William Miller Jr.; and three sisters: Ruth Rice; Margaret Bouza; and Violet Long.
Relatives and friends attended her funeral service at the Flinch & Bruns Funeral Home, Lynbrook, New York on April 9.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Evelyn’s memory to Pleasant View Retirement Community, Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545 or American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603. Buch Funeral Home, Manheim in charge of local arrangements. To send the family on-line condolences, please visit buchfuneral.com